Hi, I’m Kathleen. I’m here to help you make sense of all the bits of blogging that aren’t the act of pouring your heart and soul into your words.
There’s a lot of information out there about how easy it is to start a blog.
And it is! But the one thing that gets ignored is that setting up and maintaining a blog is not as simple as updating your Facebook status.
There’s a question of where you should buy your domain, and who should host it, and why it matters that you use two different companies for each.
And that’s just the tip of the technological iceberg!
It’s enough to make anyone want to give up.
Don’t Give Up!
Success is, quite often, just on the other side of toil. I see it all the time. You write and write and write and one day, something connects. Maybe it’s your first blog post, or maybe it’s your hundredth blog post on your fifth blog, but something connects.
You start getting more traffic.
Traffic leads to more income.
And, just like that, you realize, this can actually work!
You can make money online. And you can make money without losing who you are. Without losing your reason for starting a blog in the first place.
You have a voice. You have an idea for a blog that you could write about until you’re blue in the face.
But, it turns out, “all this blogging stuff” is kind of hard. No, wait. Quite difficult. You wanted to pour your soul into your writing, but you’re stuck on step one.
It’s frustrating, right?
Well, friend, you’re in the right place.
The following guides are more than simply blog posts. These are posts where we have poured hours into building the most comprehensive posts we can on the following topics:
- How to Start a Blog: post | ebook
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Pinterest to Drive Traffic to Your blog: post | download
- The Ultimate Guide to Free Stock Images: post | download
- How to Create and Launch a Popular Podcast: post | download
- Before and After: 17 Real-Life Examples of Improving Pins: post
- 73 Easy Tips for Promoting Your Blog Post: post
- 5 Easy Ways to Tweak Your Pinterest Profile to Increase Traffic: download
- 5 Free Email Templates to Speed Up Your Game: post | download
- #100in30 Grow Your Email List: free email course | ebook
If you thought a lot went into those free guides, wait till you see these:
- How to Start a Blog: ebook
- #100in30 Grow Your Email List: ebook
- Create Your Own Image Template for Pinterest: mini course
Tools we Use
We have personally used, and like, the following companies:
- Email: ConvertKit
- Email (free up to 2000 subscribers): MailerLite
- Domains: NameCheap
- Hosting: BigScoots
- Premium Themes: StudioPress
- Social sharing: Social Warfare
- Stock Images (high-end): iStock
- Stock Images (cheap): GraphicStock
- Pinterest Scheduling: BoardBooster and TailWind
- Design: Adobe
- Design (free): PicMonkey
- Image Creation and Sharing: Stencil
- Password management: DashLane