We wrote On Your Mark, Get Set, Blog! to keep you from feeling overwhelmed when you’re first starting out.
The truth is, creating a bare-bones site only takes minutes. But that’s just the very beginning.
- Do you wonder why everyone else has their picture by their name when they’re commenting on blogs?
- Or why they have blogs that end in “.com” while yours still ends in “.wordpress.com” and you can’t figure out what any of it means?
- Do other people have cool things like Pinterest buttons that you wish you had too?
- Do you feel like there are 11,000 more things you need to know about blogging?
We’ve been there. It’s frustrating, time-consuming, and inefficient.
Look Like a Professional Blogger Right Away
We’ve made it easy for you (and us!) to look like a professional blogger right away. On Your Mark, Get Set, Blog! puts everything in order, and tells you what information you will need, ahead of time, then gives you the steps in the fastest and most efficient order.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Blog! helps you:
- Gather the Information You Need
- Organize Your Accounts
- Claim Your Brand (so no one else can!)
- Channel your Motivation Toward Progress (instead of spinning your wheels)
- Install and Set Up Your Site
- Be Ready When you Hit Publish
If you’ve created a site before, you know that blogging is a marathon. On Your Mark, Get Set, Blog! lets you start the marathon with a sprint, setting you on the straightest, fastest path possible.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Blog! Covers setting up:
- Email Addresses
- Installing WordPress
- Plugin Installation and Set Up
- Social Media Accounts
- Commenting Profiles
- and More!
The book includes 5 pages of checklists and over 40 pages that guide you through setting up your site and claiming your brand, so when you hit publish for the first time, you can be confident you are on a firm foundation.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Blog! was written by Kathleen and Anne, who, between the two of them, have started over 20 blogs, and counting. They’ve done all the trial, and a lot of the error, and they wrote this book to save you from the same frustrating fate.
What This Isn’t
How to Come up with Ideas for a Blog:
We believe that ideas should come from within. If you’re coming to blogging because you heard it was a good way to make money, you’ll burn out. But if you want to start a blog because you can’t wait to help people learn the things you know… you’re in the right place.
How to Pick a Brand for your Blog:
You already did that, right?
You’re the personality behind the brand for your blog, and your URL reflects your brand. Once you have a vision for your brand, this book will guide you through claiming your slice of the internet, across its remote corners.
How to Create Content for your Blog:
Creating content is nothing more than pulling threads out of your brain and onto the internet. You can sing songs, write blog posts, draw pretty pictures, deliver podcasts, make slideshows, and all sorts of things. We can’t help with that. We can help you get organized, though!